Newbold College Seeks to Appoint a Full-time Student Recruiter
Newbold College is a student-centred, inclusive and innovative college of higher education operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It is located about 40 miles west of London, United Kingdom. Newbold College seeks to appoint a full-time Student Recruiter from no later than 1 September 2012. The purpose of this post is to assist and participate fully in the recruitment activities of the College on a full range of programmes for which Student Recruitment and Marketing Services is responsible, liaising with other College curriculum areas with recruitment responsibilities. The Student Recruiter is responsible to the Principal for attracting applications and for growing the number of applications that the College receives.
• Detailed understanding of the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with the ability to promote these principles and beliefs in a Seventh-day Adventist higher education community
• Educated to degree level or relevant experience
• Relevant experience working in a situation requiring the explanation and presentation of information to customers, i.e. in a Student Recruitment, Schools Liaison or Marketing Office/administrative role/s, including administrative experience gained in an office environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Fluency in use of online social media
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to prioritise work tasks and work to tight deadlines
• Adaptive/flexible in relation to work tasks
• Team player
• Full driving licence
• Flexibility as additional hours will be required during busy periods
• Willingness to travel within the UK and abroad, including travel requiring multiple overnight stays
• Knowledge of international education systems and admissions regulations
• Knowledge of developments in higher education
Note: Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have right to work in the United Kingdom.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary as per the denominational salary scale
Candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest addressing the selection criteria and a CV (resume), including the names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers of three referees. These documents should be emailed as soon as possible, but no later than Friday 15 June 2012, to Dr Philip Brown, Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information about this position, or Newbold College, please contact Dr Philip Brown on +44 (0) 1344 407400.
St Marks Road
tedNEWS is an information bulletin issued by the communication department of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the Trans-European Division.
You are free to re-print any portion of the bulletin without need for special permission. However, we kindly request that you identify tedNEWS whenever you publish these materials.