Someone has so aptly said, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” The Bible tells us, "Where there is no vision, the people will perish…." (Proverbs 29:1) Every organisation needs planning and visioning to sustain in the dynamic environment in which it operates. This holds true for our churches and the administrative entities of the Trans-European Division. This strategic plan is aimed to function as a blueprint that would guide the churches in the implementation of their plans. As churches, administrative entities and institutions increasingly face demanding challenges and opportunities, a strategic plan can go a long way in addressing the issues of the constantly changing world.
Another purpose for this plan is to be clear about what we do; “If the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for the battle? (I Corinthians 14:8). We need clarity because we are many, widely dispersed and very diverse, while the world in which we work is rapidly changing.
Therefore, the TED Plan for 2010-2015 seeks to achieve the following:
1. Assist in turning vision into reality by providing a roadmap to visualise goals and how to get there;
2. Provide an opportunity to analyse the internal and external environment we operate in to achieve desired results;
3. Identify resources, people and opportunities to match with actual needs;
4. Focus energy and resources on the Mission of the Church and agreed areas of priorities to achieve optimal results;
5. Set boundaries to realise goals and objectives;
6. Train, equip and build competences in people and organisations;
7. Embrace unity and positive change;
8. Develop team ministry;
9. Monitor and assess progress and share experiences/lessons learnt;
10. Communicate God’s blessings;